Shopify Oberlo Tutorial - Automating Your Dropshipping Store With Aliexpress
Dropshipping is one of the most famous business models these days because of its low prerequisites for entry. Without the need to buy and keep up with inventory, a dropshipping business is a passage for business people who can't manage the cost of the initial investment to join the entrepreneurship world.
In this article, you will discover how to begin your own Shopify dropshipping store by utilizing Oberlo and AliExpress. You will discover how to build your store, import products directly from AliExpress utilizing Oberlo, and how to tweak your store’s design.
This is a step-by-step tutorial for amateurs, so you will not require any technical or design experience. You will find out how simple and easy it is to assemble your own Shopify dropshipping store. So, let’s get everything rolling!
Step 1: You Need to Sign Up For A Shopify Account
With Shopify, they let everybody who sets up an account with them get 14 days for free. There is a catch, however, and that is your store is going to have a password screen protecting your target audience from being able to enter your online store and buy things. You cannot turn the password screen off while on the 14-day free plan.
So here are the steps to sign up for a Shopify account:
- Create a store log-in by choosing an email address to sign in with and a password.
- Add your store name
- In the next section, add your information like your first and last name, address, and phone number
Step 2: Install The Shopify Theme
While you can pay for a fancy Shopify theme that comes with lots of bells and whistles, these bells and whistles require you to configure them. These fancy themes have a lot of settings which makes it confusing for a lot of beginners. Instead, it would be a great idea to not spend any money and make it less confusing by choosing a free theme like “Simple”. To do this, you need to:
- On the left side menu, you should see and click “Online Store”
- By default, you’ll be taken to the themes tab
- Next, you should scroll down, find, and click on “Explore free themes”
- Choose a free theme and select how you would want your store to look like
- Once it’s loaded, you can then publish the theme of your store
Step 3: Install Oberlo
Oberlo was purchased by Shopify in 2017. Most dropshippers choose Shopify because it has exclusive access to Oberlo which is the most reliable free AliExpress shipping app. You can install Oberlo in these easy steps:
- On the left side menu in Shopify, select “Apps”
- Then you should select “Shop for apps”
- You’ll then be taken to the official Shopify app store. Then, do a search for Oberlo
- You should then choose it from the list and then click on “Add app” once it appears
- In Shopify, scroll down and click on “Install app”
- On the following page, you should click on “Create new Oberlo account”
- Add your email and password
- Click “Create free account”
Now that you have a free account, you need to change a few settings. The first setting that you need to change is to allow Oberlo dropshipping to notify your customer when an item is sent out to them. The second one is to remove items that are out of stock in your Shopify store. To do that, follow these steps to completely set up your Oberlo:
- Click on “Settings”
- Scroll down until you find the “Notify customers about shipped orders” and click the box found on it
- Add the URL to track the fulfillment
- Afterward, scroll down and find “Auto updates”
- In the “Auto updates” section, find the area where it says, “When product is no longer available”
- You should then select “Set the quantity to zero” and click on the box that says “Notify me”
- Next, find the area where it says, “When variant is no longer available” and do the same thing as Step 6
- In the “Cost changes” section, select “Do nothing” and click on “Notify me” so you can manually change the price yourself
- In “When inventory changes”, select “Update automatically”
- Click “Save settings”
- Once you’re back on “Settings”, select “Suppliers”
- Choose “Default shipping method”
- Select “AliExpress Standard Shipping”
- Add a custom note
- Click “Save Settings”
Step 4: Install The Oberlo Chrome Extension
This step is important so that you can quickly add winning products directly from AliExpress to your Shopify store. To do this, you need to have Chrome which is free and downloadable. So, these are the procedures that you need to follow:
- Go to the Chrome web store
- Search for Oberlo
- You then select it from the list and then click on “Add to Chrome”
- In the pop-up box, choose “Add extension”
Step 5: Adding Products From AliExpress Into Your Store With Oberlo
AliExpress is owned by the Alibaba company. They have 2 main e-commerce websites: AliExpress and Alibaba. AliExpress is the website where you can dropship individual items as customers order them from your eCommerce store so you don’t have to buy in bulk in advance. Here, you can order the items as your customers buy them. Setting up an account with AliExpress is free and you need to have one so you can order the items that your customers purchase from you.
To add products from AliExpress Into Your Store With Oberlo, you need to do the following:
- Go to AliExpress and search for an item that you want to add
- Once you find an item that you want to add in AliExpress, select “Add to Oberlo”
- There will be a pop-up box in the Oberlo Chrome extension that is showing “Adding product to import list”
- Once you’ve added all the items that you’d want to sell, click on “Open Import List”
- If an item has multiple colors or designs, you can go to the “Variants” tab to pick and choose the colors or designs that you want in your store by selecting or deselecting them.
- Then go to the “Images” tab and select the images that you want to be added to your store. Anything with a green checkmark is going to be added so make sure that you deselect them if the variant is not going to be included in your store.
- Afterward, click “Import to Store”
Setting up a Shopify dropshipping business is fast and simple. Utilize supportive third-party applications to discover items to sell and add them to your site so you can launch a complete Shopify store in mere hours. When your online business is live, you can begin advertising your brand.
Shopify allows you to partake in a 14-day free trial, no credit card required. You can exploit this offer by investigating if dropshipping is a productive e-commerce model for your business.
If you want to learn more secrets about Shopify dropshipping using Oberlo & AliExpress, you can also check out our resources here.
Please feel free to be a part of my mentorship program if you need more help in setting up your Shopify store.
My program has already guided a lot of organizations to turn their businesses around for the better and made their own success stories that could be beneficial for your own business.
If you’re still unsure about how I can help you create your Shopify dropshipping store, why don’t you directly give me a call before deciding on your choice?
I suggest that you book a FREE 45-minute mentorship with me to learn how I can help you start your own dropshipping business today!
I hope that this article is helpful in your first steps towards creating your own dropshipping business!
I’m happy and grateful for the time you took to read this article and I hope to find you on the next topics that we have in store!
Hope to see you there!
JOIN US TODAY
Join Us Today! Our program is tailored to fit anyone who wanted to learn and start their dropshipping business. Start making money at the comfort of your home and at your own terms and time.Book a CALL